The meeting with the oncologist was a bit overwhelming for me. First of all he confirmed that I have Hodgkin's lymphoma. Based on the bone marrow biopsy the good news is it has not spread so the bone marrow is still OK!
Bad news is they stage the disease at stage 3 out of 4.
Good news is it is a very well understood cancer with a good survival rate.
The list of drugs was intimidating and the list of side effects over whelming.
I start chemotherapy on Tuesday at Sierra Nevada, the plan is that that day will be long as they ramp up the drug push slowly to see the results of my tolerance and get my body used to the stuff, so I plan to be there all day.
Best news is God is good all the time and I have so many people praying for me that I am confident that there is only one outcome! GOD will prevail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are in our prayers, Uncle Chris! We love you lots and will be thinking of you on Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteI'll be thinking about you tomorrow as you are in for chemotherapy.I hope it goes as smoothly for you as it has for my dad and neighbor-they've been more tired, but no major problems. My prayers will continue for you! Hang in there!! Helen
ReplyDelete