I am encouraged today by such a cloud of witnesses in our own church. People who are praying for me and for others in need. People who testified to me about their Cancer struggle and gave me tremendous encouragement. I should not be amazed at the power of God and yet from my humble narrow prospective he moves circumstances and people through our lives so powerfully. All the while he gives us the promise of our safety, no matter what the world does.
Isaiah 43:1-2
1 But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
He has redeemed us at every level and has asked us to move through this life with confidence NOT confidence in ourselves but in Christ, what he has done for us! The sacrifice, the love of our eternal lives, unseen to us, yet the focus for his suffering. He laid down that for us to be FIRE PROOF!
All he asks is that we simple let go of all our wealth (whether that is in the form of Money, Power, Control, Knowledge, Pride, Self confidence) or anything that distracts from his KNOCK at our door.
Revelation 3:17-20
17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.All he asks is that we simple let go of anything that distracts from his KNOCK at our door

No comments:
Post a Comment