Saturday, December 5, 2009

Went for a walk

Yesterday I had the car in for service, so when Deb was on her way to CIB I thought I'd pick up the car assuming it was done. Well it wasn't so I decided I'd walk back to the church and bum a ride from someone home.
After walking from Brunswick to Alta street I felt pretty good and having always enjoyed walking I decided to continue to walk home. I stopped in at the market bought a flash light and procceeded to walk to our house on the edge of Penn valley about 8 plus miles total. It took me about 2 hours and 45 minutes. While I walked I felt great and saw the moon rise at my back, heard a bunch of wild turkeys and generally felt in touch with my scouting days which was good.
I wasn't even that sore (although my knees protested some due to all the down hill) Today I feel pretty good and think I'll try to include some hiking in my recovery routine.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, dad! You are so crazy! That is a Loooong walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you were feeling well enough for that walk! It sure was beautiful yesterday. I, too, love walking and always enjoy the sights and sounds that everyone in the cars are missing. Helen

    ReplyDelete