Friday, October 16, 2009

OH MAN what a difference!

This is a tale of two similar experiences that were totally different!

As you know today was my first visit with the oncologist. He is great by the way!
His comment "What the heck is going on here? how can there be anything wrong with an active healthy guy?"
"Why is the big lump testing neutral?"
So he sent me for a second Biopsy this afternoon, and is scheduling me for a PET scan.
(not just a CAT scan but a scan for PETS!) Positron Emission Tomography (PET)

So you know how sometimes you build up stuff in your mind and get all freaked out and scared and then the thing is nothing. Well last week when I went in for my first Biopsy I was freaked out scared about how it would hurt then I got it done and it was hardly any pain at all. That was the good news, the bad news was with the sample they got they couldn't diagnose what's going on.

As I said earlier, today I got a second one this afternoon, OH MAN what a difference! I mean WOW! They used a much longer, bigger around needle. We are talking about something you might see used as a tail pipe on a dune buggy..... and this guy wielded it like a samurai on speed! "OK Mr Frank there will be some pressure" OH MY GOSH! Are there only two of you pushing that thing into my back? You must be braced against the cabinets or something......

Well after the second massive lidocaine injection things got a little easier but I still thought he was using a broom handle for leverage. Needless to say they rammed that hunk of water pipe clean into the offending item. Then it was time for the snapping grabber (that I think may be used as a tree pruning device in the off season) to yank out a sample, which they did four or five times to make sure they got some. OH and the first time last week, the guy was so careful to make sure there was NO Bleeding, not so today! He wasn't done till I felt my back warming with what I imagined was a flood ( probably 2 to 5 drops)

At any rate they got some good samples (I hope cuz I don't want to do this again)

Bottom line NO NEWS YET

No comments:

Post a Comment