Monday, October 12, 2009

Lots of Doctors no news

Well, since I heard the word from the GP doctor (October 1st) that something was in there, (A mass) and it looks like cancer I have had 3 appointments, a CT scan, a chest xray and seen 4 doctors but they don't know what is inside me.... (I think we've ruled out the little guy from alien)
What we do know is that there is something in there that is not part of a normal anatomy. It is about the size of your fist (8cms by 2.5cms) they think it is cancer but need a tissue evaluation.
I had a biopsy on Tuesday the 6th of October during which they weren't sure that they got enough tissue to get a diagnosis. They did not want to prolong my discomfort or to do any damage so they sent off what they got in hopes it was enough.
As of this morning, the tests were inconclusive and I have been referred to an oncologist who has not contacted me yet.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the updates, Chris. This is such a mystery right now...We are looking forward to the next step, as we're sure you are too!
    We want to hear all about your new boat too...
    God bless you, Brother.
    We send love every day.

    ReplyDelete