Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Choose to Stay

During my latest issues with my body NOT wanting what I want I was moved to pen the following poem:
Titled: I CHOOSE TO SAY


To stay I think,
For what choice I have
The lines are taught

The anchors firmly set,
I choose to stay,



Someday,
The choice will not be ours
Our moorings will be gone
Lines dangling with bitter ends
The anchors will be lost
we will be swept along,
At some treasure of a cost
out to open sea
I choose to stay,

I am prepared For it,
to be out there where ships
Are out of sight and
just as good as lost
Yet
I choose to stay,

to make that voyage rough
I have the charts
And stores enough
And yet,

I choose to stay!

For now the sails are stowed
The compass closed
The charts are put away
I choose to stay,

The lines are checked
twice a day
At every ebbing tide

and yet there are the storms
from which no ship
can ever hope to hide!
I choose to stay!

One day my sails will fill
White and taut, a power yet unseen
With hugs to family
A wave to friends
And guided by a star
I will be most confidently
Away

For now...
I choose to stay!
In this my sheltered bay.
I choose to stay!
I choose to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment