So All, today I went to my last follow-up where they check my blood counts to make sure they didn't kill off too much of me with the last treatment.(they check your blood cell counts, general feeling, pulse Blood pressure etc. and weight ) during this appointment he scheduled me for my first post cancer check in May.
Dr Cambel related that the re occurrences of this type of cancer if it is going to come back will be within the first 3 years. In other words if you are clean for 3 then there is a good chance you are done completely. and at 5 years they call it a cure. The recurrence after that length of time is statistically irrelevant.
Next we move to the question of my heart and whether it was damaged by the Chemo drugs or not. They check this by looking at your heart beating using ultrasound (yep just like the baby views) and calculate the volume of the blood being moved. (it's amazing to watch you heart valves opening and closing) I was hoping to get that result today but now it looks like it will be Monday before I hear if it's OK or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Please let us know the results of the heart tests. I will continue to pray that your heart doesn't have any damage. Helen
ReplyDeleteTurns out my heart is fine! Chris F
ReplyDeleteChris,
ReplyDeleteWay to go and our prayers are with you.
Steve Hargis